Thursday, August 30, 2012

Recruit Profile - Brian Schmiedt

Brian Schmiedt is a freshman at Northwest Missouri State University.  He is a 6'0" 160lbs lanky right-handed baseball player from Waukee, Iowa.  Brian joins Northwest after graduating from Waukee High School.  Brian plays catcher, outfield, and is a right-handed pitcher.

According to Perfectgame.org, an amateur baseball recruiting service, Brian's fastball has been clocked at 88 miles per hour from the mound.  Brian's throws from the outfield have been clocked at 86 miles per hour.  Brian's throws from the catcher position have been clocked at 79 miles per hour.

You can watch a video of Brian running, throwing, pitching, and hitting by clicking on the link below:

http://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=286777#ooid=Q4bmExMzoEMA6MnZ0jkCoZ9nIQ8H6ZH3

You can watch a video of Brian pitching by clicking on the link below:

http://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=286777#ooid=M0aDkxMzqJFFrHntYWpwRwG5ftUZymEW

You can watch a more substantial video of Brian catching, throwing, pitching, hitting by clicking on the link below:

http://www.ncsasports.org/college-recruiting-videos-highlights/brian-schmiedt

Game Action - Watch Brian throw to 2nd Base in a game versus Carroll High School.

Personal Statement

"My name is Brian Schmiedt and I am a senior at Waukee High School. I am 6 foot and weigh 158lbs. Stats from my latest showcase: 60 yard dash in 7.11 seconds. Pop Time 1.94, RHP with a 89mph FB. My Junior year I pitched 23 innings and had 35 strikeouts. Not many people have the opportunity of playing a sport in college. It is my dream to play baseball in college. I choose to work hard at school and training to improve my skills so I have this chance. I am very open minded about the location and the size of the school."


Go Cats!!
###

No comments:

Post a Comment