Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Recruit Profile - Austin Warren



Austin Warren transfers to Northwest Missouri State University from North Central Missouri College in Trenton.  Austin will enter the 2012-2013 season as a junior class status.  Austin is a Right-handed pitcher, 6'5", 190 lbs, lanky right-hander from Lone Jack, Missouri.  Austin's major at NCMC was Occupational Therapy.

Austin's 2012 statistics are as follows:

He played in 14 games;
He pitched 75.0 innings;
He allowed 35 earned runs;
He allowed 83 hits;
He earned 71 strike-outs;
He walked 22 batters;
He had a 4.20 ERA;
W/L record was 2/8.

You can watch video of Austin by clicking on the following link:

http://www.ncsasports.org/baseball-recruiting/mo/lone-jack/lone-jack-high-school/austin-warren2#ooid=NhZmttMzoqOayCVAOvLDWj8I2ZuqvQuk

Personal Statement:

"Hi! I'm 6'5", weigh 190 lbs. I live in Lone Jack, Missouri. I am currently a freshman at North Central Missouri College looking for a four year NCAA Division I or II school to play at after two years here. I was a varsity starter my freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior year of high school. I played USSSA tournament ball from the time I was 8 years old to 14 years old. I made 2nd Team All Conference my freshman and sophomore year. I was also 1st Team All District my sophomore year. My recent school year (2008-2009), my record as a pitcher was 7-3 and made 1st Team All Conference and 1st Team All District. Our high school won the district championship! I believe that I can offer a team consistency on the mound and 100% effort all the time. I'd like to consider myself a leader of my high school team since our school was small and inexperienced. I am 110% dedicated to the sport of baseball! The sport has been my life and will always be. My dream is to play college baseball and to try my hardest in everything I do. I would like to take my skills that I've obtained in the sport to the highest level as possible. Going to school somewhere in the Midwest is my preference; somewhere close to my family. I would like to pursue a degree in Occupational Therapy (OT) where I hope to work with injured athletes from time to time. I'm looking for a NCAA Division I or II school to play at. My family and I would like to receive scholarships/financial aid that will make it easier to pay for school."

Go Cats!!
###

No comments:

Post a Comment