Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Recruit Profile - CJ Duffeck

Recruit Profile - CJ Duffeck
CJ is a freshman joining the Northwest Missouri State University varsity baseball program for the 2013-2014 academic year.  CJ is an outfield prospect, bats and throws right-handed, stands 6'1" and weighs 165 pounds.  CJ comes from Brookfield, Illinois, and graduated from Riverside Brookfield High School.

According to NCSAsports.org, CJ runs a 6.60 60 yards dash, an outfield velocity throw of 88 m.p.h. with a top velocity recorded at 89 m.p.h.

2012 Stats:

Batting Average - .358
GP/GS - 34/34
AB - 95
R - 19
H - 34
2B - 10, 3B - 1, HR - 1
RBI - 18
SLG% - .516
BB - 8, K - 10
ob% - .408
SB/Att - 21/24
Team Record - 25-11

A short biography of CJ:

"I am currently a Senior at Riverside Brookfield High School. I am 6’1” and weigh 165 pounds. My personal best sixty yard dash time is 6.60 seconds. As a freshman, I was the starting shortstop on the sophomore team. Also as a sophomore, I was moved up to the Varsity as starting right fielder. I made Academic All Conference as a sophomore, and have maintained a 3.7 grade point average through my three years of high school. As a sophomore, I hit in the “3” hole and started in the outfield. After my Senior season, I will have had three years of experience at the Varsity level. I am currently the starting center fielder, however I played 18 games as the starting shortstop. I believe I bring many great things to a team. I am a leader, and I am continuously working to get better. I believe that there is always room for improvement in my game either physically or mentally. I take criticism well and strive to be that better player. I always give 100% and consider myself a go-getter. I have had the desire and mentality of playing baseball in college, and it is what I have been working to achieve the last twelve years. I wish to go to a school that will challenge me both academically and athletically. I would also prefer to stay in the Midwest region, but I am definitely leaving my options open. I am looking into any school that has my field of study as well. I am looking for a medium sized school where I would feel comfortable at. I am looking to play at the highest level of competition my athletic abilities will allow. My desirable majors are Criminal Justice or Business."

The B2R extends a hearty welcome to CJ into the Bearcat family.

Go Cats!!
###

No comments:

Post a Comment