Monday, September 10, 2012

Recruit Profile - Kurt Gitchell



Kurt Gitchell enters Northwest Missouri State University as a freshman during the 2012-2013 academic season.  He profiles out as a catcher or Second Baseman.  He bats and throws right-handed.  Kurt stands 5'10" tall and weighs 180 pounds.  Kurt graduated from Willowbrook High School in Villa Park, Illinois.

You can watch a video of Kurt fielding his position at Catcher, throws, and batting by clicking on the link below:

http://www.ncsasports.org/baseball-recruiting/il/villa-park/willowbrook-high-school/kurt-gitchell#ooid=tqcmluMzpQFc_jXIqOr-UgIeN3XWlfy0



Personal Statement

I am a three year starting catcher on the varsity team. My sophomore year I set three school records for throwing out a base runner attempting to steal; 1. Most in a season, 2. Most consecutive (20), and 3. Overall percentage (68%). My pop time is consistently 1.9. I am committed to blocking which allows my pitchers to feel comfortable throwing any pitch in any situation. My knowledge of the game and my pitchers have earned me the respect of my coaches who trust me to call the game. More than anything, I'm looking for an opportunity to show that I am a dedicated student athlete and that I will be an asset to any team. I want to play ball at the highest level I can while getting the best education possible.

According to the St. Joseph Post, "A .402 hitter his junior year, Gitchell also threw out 68% of runners trying to steal.  Another multisport athlete, Gitchell served as his school’s quarterback during his junior season that culminated with winning the Illinois state championship.

Coach Loe comment: “Kurt is a very polished high school player.  He is an outstanding athlete who is well-rounded; giving him a chance to be successful in all phases of the game.”

Go Cats!!
###

No comments:

Post a Comment