Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kansas City Chiefs recognize Bearcat Baseball alum & fallen hero Matt Mason


On November 6, 2011, I did a lot of crying as I watched my beloved Chiefs lose 3-31 to the Miami Dolphins.  However, during the game, the Chiefs paid multiple tributes to the servicemen and servicewomen of the American Armed Forces.  During the half-time, the Chiefs surprised a wife and mother of 2 with a hero who was deployed overseas by bringing the hero home to meet them at the 50-yard-line at Arrowhead Stadium.  Then the Chiefs played a video highlighting the heroes from Missouri and Kansas of our American Armed Forces that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our Country from 2008-2011.  Everybody that follows Bearcat Baseball knows that our Brother Bearcat Matt Mason was one of those fallen soldiers.  Matt Mason's picture was featured during the tribute.  This picture was taken of the Arrowhead Vision Video Board with my Blackberry.  The reasons for the lines across the photos are that I am taking a picture of an enormous HD TV Screen.  I apologize for that fact.  But, I felt the Chiefs Organization did a remarkable thing to remember our troops and all those that serve.

Go Cats!!

###

No comments:

Post a Comment